Monday, April 11, 2016

The last one.

Changes have never been hard for me. In fact, I have always loved fresh starts, new beginnings, and blank pages.

In the mission we always have cambios - new areas, new assignments, new companions, new people - and I have loved it :)

This week, as many know, I will be having a new change. 

I will be coming home. 

It sounds strange to me, because right now I feel like Peru is my home. But I know that God has a new area, new assignments, and new people that I need to know.

A lot of reflecting has happened in these last few days and weeks - and under the impressions of the Spirit, I have been able to put on paper some of the feelings and impressions I have been having these last couple weeks.

As my last email home as a missionary.... I would like to share them with you. My mission means so much to me, and I wanted to preserve a small part of the waterfall of emotions and thought I have been having recently.

Here it is :)

_________________________________________

"Earthly and Heavenly Homes"
Hermana Sintay
Misión Peru Lima Sur

I had a thought the other night,
A thought profound and deep.
It came when I was too worn down,
Too tired to go to sleep.

A day of teaching, sweating, walking;
Just like every other one.
For 18 months and a little more
Representing His Perfect Son.

I remembered when I made that choice
To come here to Peru.
My mind was made, my heart was set –
God had a work for me to do.

“Forget yourself,” and “Be like Him,”
The advice from Dad was clear.
 And my mother’s tear-stained promise,
“He will ALWAYS be near.”

Now the weeks have flown (the months have, too)
I’ve almost reached the end.
Mind still made and heart still set –
But emotions I can’t comprehend.

I’ve been bit by dogs, chased by men,
Even shot at once or twice.
I’d be an understatement if I said,
“The mission’s changed my life.”

I now can say with all certainty
That I know and love the Lord.
I can testify with them of old
As I preach His holy word.

I know what He felt in Gethsemane
Is too much to comprehend.
I know He did it all for us;
We have no greater Friend.

18 months might seem a lot,
2 years is even more.
But our sacrifice is minuscule
Compared to blood from every pore.

While they might put me on a plane
And tell me I am done –
My mission has NOT finished;
I can still represent His Son.
  
There will be hands to lift, hearts to heal,
Smiles to give, and His DOCTRINE to share.
My mission is my life on Earth;
It’s His name I have covenanted to bear.

Our mission as children of God is this:
Find the lost sheep that roams.
For we ALL must return with honor
To our earthly AND heavenly homes.

______________________________________________

The doctrine is true. As a representative of Jesus Christ - I testify it.

I will see you all soon,  

Hermana Aubrey Michelle Sintay
Misión Peru Lima Sur
Oct 2014 - Abril 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment