Monday, May 4, 2015

TRANSFERRED!

Just an update on my watch tan. It's still there. It's still blinding. And I still get teased about it. :)
Hello everyone!!!! 
Sooooo... transfer were this week, and I have been transferred! For the first time in my mission, I am in LIMA! My area is CHORRILLOS (Chorrrrrrrr-EE-yos), in the ward La Campiña. My new companion is Hermana Guelet (pronounced gee-LEHT), and she is from Argentina :) She is the BEST, and I am so excited to be working with her :) And let me just say..... Lima is a different WORLD compared to all of the other areas I have been in. For the first time in 7 months, I have a toilet seat, consistent running water, hot showers, and water that I can drink without having to boil it. WHAT. Am I even in Perù still? Is this real life? It is like a dream or something. My area is seriously SO beautiful!!!!
Our house is on the second story, and this right here is the prettiest view I have seen from any house I have lived in!!! Maybe part of it is just beautiful to me because there are telephone lines and it looks like civilization. jajajaa
Before I left Ica, we went to the temple with a group of recent converts! As always, it was an amazing experience :) I just love the temple. It is totally worth 12 hours in a bus to make the trip. 
While we were at the temple, I found this family that I taught in Chincha!! They were completely inactive, we started teaching them and they finally started coming back to church after 30 years of inactivity. They made the trip to do baptisms for the dead together, will both recieve their endownments in June, and will be sealed in November :) Things like this just make my heart happy.
Leaving Ica was kind of hard, but I am more than ready to work here in Chorrillos. I know that the Lord called me here for a reason - and it wasn't just that he felt bad I didn't have a toilet seat :) There is work here to be done, and there are things that I need to learn. Families are waiting for us to find them! The people are prepared! And we are ready to help them :)
There were a million goodbyes in Ica... my camera won't let me attach all the pictures! But here is one - she was a less active... 18 years old, only member in her family, but now is completely active and is the YSA rep :) She is wonderful! Her name is Andrea :)

I will sure miss these crazy Latinas in Ica.


Sorry this is a short one. Transfers are always a little crazy :)

The church is true!!!!!
Hermana Sintay :)


No comments:

Post a Comment