Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Mother's Day, Mom :)

Hi family!!

Talking to you yesterday was the biggest blessing ever :) I loved hearing about all the things that are going on at home! As we closed with a kneeling prayer our Skype session, the Spirit once again testified to my heart that families really are forever. When we left from skyping, I left with an even stronger desire to open my mouth and talk with EVERYONE about this wonderful message of eternal families and the restored gospel :) Thank you for inspiring me to be better and to do more! I love you all SO much!

Well, since I talked for so long with you all yesterday, I don't really have anything new to report! I mentioned to Mom that we had a baptism this week - it was a really wonderful experience! The man who was baptized has been listening to the missionaries for 15 YEARS. ...... 15 years! That is unreal! And he never wanted to be baptized. EVERYONE else in his family is a member, and they have all been praying and waiting for him to finally accept and make the decision to be baptized. He has a book with a list of about 30 missionaries and their autographs of the missionaries who have taught him at one time or another in these last 15 years. The missionaries teach him.... he still doesn't want to be baptized... and they sign in the book. hahaha. BUT, he finally had the change of heart that God knew he needed, and he was baptized on Saturday :) The covenant he made with God was not because anyone pressured him... but because he FINALLY felt like this was the truth, and that THIS is the pathway that God wanted him to take. All of his family was SO happy - I loved being able to be a part of this life changing moment for their forever family :)

Things in our area are going well - I love Hermana Guelet, we work so well together and things are always happy! We also work really hard. Which I love. I love working hard and feeling like I gave my absolute 100% to the Lord. That is what missionary work is all about :)
My favorite Argentinan :) Hermana Guelet! My wonderful companion!

The church is true!!

Hermana Sintay

No comments:

Post a Comment