Monday, September 21, 2015

Another week here in Perù.



Hello family!!!

Sorry that this one is gonna be a little short - I will send lots of pictures to make up for it :)

Last week for P-day, we went to a beach here in Pisco! All of Pisco is on the coast, and all of our areas have playa, so we just walked a little bit to find a good one to play some sports for a while :) 
Last Pday we went to the beach here in Pisco

Gorgeous
Perhaps some of you have heard, but there was the earthquake in Chile this week! We were on Tsunami alert for a few days... but nothing really happened. In 2007, here in Pisco, there was a HUGE earthquake that killed over 1000 people. Everyone gets really freaked out about earthquakes now, since we live right on the tectonic plate. But we have all been fine!
MORMON HELPING HANDS!

On Saturday, we got to participate in a Mormon Helping Hands activity :) It was the best! I have ALWAYS wanted to put on that yellow vest and get sunburned in an activity like this :) And Saturday was just my chance to do so! It was so fun. All of the missionaries in Pisco participated!
MPLS... Mision Peru Lima Sur :)

And the Elders... some good team work to clean up these beaches :)

It always has been on my bucket list to wear this yellow vest and help in a worldwide service project... and what better place than here in Perù :)

Beach cleanup here in Pisco!
Here in Pisco, on the coast of Perù, everyone eats fish. And this is how they eat it. 
I think I have officially gotten over my fear of fish bones. Que rico :)
Lots of miracles happened this week, but the time won't permit me to cuent them all! So I will just invite you to LOOK for your own miracles this week :) If you can, and if you have the time, send me an email to tell me about your miracle! It can be small… big... the Lord's hand is in everything :) And I would love to hear about your experiences!
I love you all!!
The doctrine is true!
Hermana Sintay :)
Just feeling exceptionally happy to be a missionary here in Perù, llevaring the gospel to everyone here.

...side note, can't believe I just typed "llevaring." Spanglish is taking over my brain.
Correction : CARRYING. Alrighty, there we go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment