Monday, March 14, 2016

#ALELUYA

Good morning to all you wonderful children of God!

Friday's extra-special-and-yummy lunch.

Shish-ka-bob, cow hearts, and fried cow stomach. 

One of my new favorite Peruvian dishes!

Small testimony from this week: Revelation comes, but it has to find you working.

This week was full of WORK and REVELATION.

With the new #ALELUYA initiative, we have been working together with our ward council and the rest of the mission to bring more people to follow our Savior Jesus Christ. Contacts in the street, ward mission activities, visits in homes of the families....... Hallelujah :) We are happy as we do it all. And that happiness comes from Jesus Christ and the new life that we can find in Him.

I have been meditating a lot on the word "revelation" this week. Chapter 4 of Preach My Gospel has helped me to learn on a deeper level how I can prepare myself to receive revelation and recognize the promptings that I receive. 

Speaking of receiving revelation - This week our mission had the chance to participate in a special training with Elder Lynn G. Robbins from the Presidency of the Seventy. Almost 600 missionaries from all of Lima participated. My companion and I were SO LUCKY (and blessed) to sit in the very front row! In the center! Wow. Pretty neat :) Elder Robbins speaks Spanish, so he was able to address us all without a translator. 

One of the things that I learned was the importance of being a missionary (and person) of "high faith." I loved what Elder Robbins taught us about optimism and valiant repentance. He said, "Success is going from failure to failure without losing your hope." In Spanish, I liked it a little more... instead of "hope," he used the word "ánimo." I really can't find a good English word that means the same thing. But I know that we really can increase our faith as we keep our ánimos high :)

When was the last time you received revelation? 
.. Can't think of a time? How about a better question...

When was the last time you marked something in your scriptures? Why did you mark there? An impression? A thought? An "aha!" moment?

Hey, check it out :) You are receiving revelation. Make sure you remember to thank Heavenly Father every day for talking to you through the Holy Ghost. #HALLELUJAH for continuing revelation :)

The doctrine is TRUE!

Hermana Sintay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment