Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Finishing my training... transfers..... starting my new adventure in.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO!!!
Wow, what a week. The things that happened earlier this week seem like NOTHING now that I have SO much more to tell. So, in about 2 sentences, I will tell you what happened earlier in the week. Then I can focus on the good stuff ;) hehe. 

Monday we traveled to Lima for a training in family history work. I don't know if I told you all about this, but Hermana Chavez and I opened family history in Chincha! A couple weeks ago we started working one day a week in the family history center :) The Elders bring all of their new converts, rescues, less actives and investigators to work with us. We help them create an account in Family Search, and then help them prepare names to bring to the temple :) Seriously, it is awesome, and it really helps the missionaries stay focused in bringing people to the temple! Honestly, the temple is the BIGGEST focus in our mission right now. The sacrifices that people make to go to the temple here in Perú are amazing. Hours and hours of travel... just for a few moments in the Lord´s house :) It makes me so so so much more grateful to have temples close at home!

So.... yeah we were in Lima for a training with ALL of the Hermanas in historia familiar. There are a ton - now that we started in Chincha, every area has Hermanas to help in historia familiar :) It's the best! The training was really awesome, and I learned a TON. 

We were in Lima until late Wednesday night, and had to work SUPER hard Thurs, Fri, and Sat to make up for the time we lost. 

Saturday night..... we got the calls...... for......... CAMBIOS!! TRANSFERS!!!! 
I am no longer in Chincha. 
I was transferred.
(I was kind of expecting it, after the robbery and everything that has happened)
But.....
I am in.....

ICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Whoo hooooo!!!! Even more south in Perú than Chincha...... I am in Ica :) It is bigger than Chincha, HOTTER (holy cow I am going to be black by the time I get home), and I am so so happy to be here :) Wow!! It is going to be such an adventure! My new companion is Hermana Santiago de México :) She is wonderful, and she LOVES to sing just as much as I do ;) We are definitely going to be singing at the baptisms that we have...... :) 

We are working in historia familiar again, and we are OPENING a new area also. Meaning... my companion has no idea what is going on, and neither do I. hahahaha we are going to work so hard to get started in this area and start to establish the church even more here :)
Sorry Mom, I still don't know street names so you can stalk me.... haha but I am here in Ica, and my program is San Isidro! That's an area in Ica, so you can look for it :) jaja :)

I honestly am so happy to be where I am. It was amazingly hard to leave Chincha... that was my first area, and I had been there for 3 months. I cried when I had to say goodbye to M****n and her family. She cried so much, gave me the sweetest gift, and bore her testimony once again to me. She is a REAL convert. I look forward to seeing her and her family be sealed in 1 year :)

Another thing that happened this week..... Hermana Chavez, my comp in Chincha, was going to stay in Chincha with another Hermana. That was her transfer call on Saturday night. We kind of figured that would happen, because we KNEW I was getting transferred (there will never be gringas in Chincha again... it's just too dangerous...) On Sunday, though, our ward mission leader was talking to us and told us a TON of things that had happened in our area that we didn't know about. Robberies... assaults.... drug arrests... tons of things. He said that in the street that we live on, there was a ring of people who were planning all of these things. He told us to be careful, because his friend (who is a police officer), warned him that "the Mormons were being watched" and that they are "always in sight." .............. so yeah that freaked us out a ton. We called President (obviously), and told him everything we learned. I already knew I was being transferred to Ica, but my companion now needs somewhere else to go. President closed our area, and Hermana Chavez went to Lima. There will never be Hermanas in Chincha again :( So so so so so sad. I was born in Chincha! Azu.. but it definitely is for the better. I would hate for something terrible to happen to the missionaries again. 

So, bottom line..... I finished my training (YAY!!!!), they closed my area (sad....), and I am starting a new adventure in Ica (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :)

Oh - and I am happier than ever to be a missionary :)
I know that this is the Lord's work. I know that the Lord gives us trials so that we can grow and learn. There is no growth in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the growth zone! We have to have changes so we can progress :) I am about to go through a lot of changes here in the mission, but I know that they are to help me grow as a missionary and as a person :) Thanks to the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I have the power to improve every day, and become a better servant and representative of my Savior. :)

The church is true!!!
Hermana Sintay :)


No comments:

Post a Comment