Monday, February 23, 2015

One year older and wiser, too :)


My wonderful companion, Hermana Santiago de México!!!
Also, please note the man photo bombing in the picture. jejeje
WOW. 20 years old.
Probably the best birthday I have ever had, thanks to all of your birthday wishes and prayers! THANK YOU to all of you :) I am so so so so so blessed :)

Best birthday package in the whole world!!  Sorry about the blurry picture.
Thank you family :)

This week was PACKED with eventful things!!! I have only been in Ica 2 days this week. jaja.... let me tell you all about it :)

On Wednesday we had a MultiZona with President Douglas and the assistants - I learned SO much. But it was not one of those "share-happy-scriptures-make-you-feel-good-about-yourself" MultiZonas............ jaja. It was a "practice-teaching-in-front-of everyone-and-realize-all-your-weaknesses-at-once" kind of MultiZona. BUT, I loved it. I realized so many things that I need to improve. It was a little overwhelming, but I know that with the help of my Heavenly Father, he will help turn me into the missionary He needs me to be. 

Right after the MultiZona, which lasted all day, my companion and I got on a bus to Lima. I had to go to immigrations again because I am still not legal. jajaja... :) 7 hours later, we arrived. We stayed the night with Hermana Lara (my old comp) and her companion who is a brand new missionary from the United States. They are serving in Lima. I had a really long talk with this poor brand new missionary, who is in her 1st week, and is SO overwhelmed. It made me reflect a lot on the progress I have made... I am only 3 months ahead of this Hermana, and I remember being exactly where she is. But with the help of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we truly can do all things. I talked with her, cried with her, and she felt so much better afterwards. So did I - being able to lift others makes me so happy :)

Immigrations was only fun because I got to see all the missionaries from my CCM group again :) :) :) What a blessing. I love that group of kids. They are my best friends here. :) And hey! We are legal now ;)

Another 7 hours in a bus, and we were back in Ica (pronounced eee-kuh, in case you were wondering). We worked for one day.... and then..... at Friday night, at 1 in the morning, we got on that bus again....... TO GO TO THE TEMPLE!!!! :) :) :) We went with our ward and a group of recent converts and reactivated members that we are working with. All together, 60 PEOPLE made the sacrifice to go to the temple. We left at 1 in the morning and arrived a little after 7. All day long these members were in the temple - WOW it was incredible. For many, it was their first time. The Spirit that was there was SO strong. Since the temple in Lima is the only temple in all of Perú, there were a million people that had traveled from all over the country to come to the temple on this Saturday morning. It was an incredible experience. Families everywhere, waiting outside to enter... youth groups anxiously waiting their turn to do baptisms for their own family members... people waiting to be sealed, to recieve their endownment... it was glorious :) 

I wish all of our temples looked like this!The temple grounds FILLED with people :) What a glorious sight :)

We left Lima and the temple about 3:00, and were here in Ica again at 9:30. It was a long and exhausting week, but SO rewarding. When I finally got to sleep in my own bed again on Saturday night, I just could not stop smiling as my head hit the pillow.

Wanna know something...? 
None of you are ever going to see 20 year old Aubrey Sintay. 
You will all see 21 years and 2 months old Aubrey Sintay.... but this ENTIRE year of my life while I am 20 years old I am going to be here, helping people come unto Christ. Helping people have eternal families. Helping them see the light :) 
It is hard. I am going to be working. I am going to be sacrificing. I am going to be learning. But I am doing it because I love my Savior. I know he lives. Not only does He live - but He is coming again.
This. Is. His. Church. 
We. Are. His. People.
There is no greater truth :)



I love you all. Thank you for your sacrifices. Thank you for your love and prayers.
Keep pressing on :)

Hermana Sintay :)


No comments:

Post a Comment