Monday, April 13, 2015

Good thing a picture is worth a thousand words :)


Heading to the Huacachina. I might have been a little more excited than my companion ;) hehe

This is what it looked like for an hour and a half as we climbed up the Huacachina. The best strategy was to just step in the footprints of the person in front of you.... and try not to slide off the path! There are some great gospel analogies I can think of here... sorry I don't have time to tell you all of them! But it was great :)

 WOW!
So, I guess you can just look at my week from all of the pictures I sent. haha, it's a good thing a picture is worth a thousand words, because now I have hardly any time to write REAL words! But I hope everyone enjoyed the pictures :)

Hermana Santiago and I :)

Happy happy happy!

Worth the hike :)
I sure LOVE these Hermanas!!(Hermana Villena, Hermana Santiago, y Hermana Bott)
Our entire district - hahaha yup, just the 4 of us. It's a blast :)
Up here at the top, I felt like I was in the literal wilderness that Nephi and his family traveled through
This week was FULL of things that happened. On Monday we went to the Huacachina - and now you have about a million pictures of that little adventure. haha :) It was so fun!
We had an AMAZING family history activity with a ward here in the Stake. Hermana Santiago and I are busily working with all of the Bishops to plan this activity in all the wards. This was the first one, and it went so well. I love helping people appreciate and build their eternal families!!


On Tuesday we had our district and zone meetings, and WOW, it was the best zone meeting I have ever been in. Our zone leaders, Elder Couch and Elder Izquierdo, are so inspired and focused. They gave some POWERFUL lessons on the Book of Mormon and the importance of the Book of Mormon in bringing people to repentance. We were all pretty fired up, and feeling the Spirit so strongly - it was impossible not to! To end the zone meeting, we set goal as a zone - to read the entire Book of Mormon, cover to cover, before the end of the transfer. Transfers are on May 2nd! But we are all reading the Book of Mormon cover to cover together. Everyone got a new softback version, and we are marking with two different colors everything that has to do with REPENTANCE and the ATONEMENT. It is an amazing experience, let me tell you. I am learning so much. I am halfway through Alma right now, and I started on Tuesday. I absolutely love the Book of Mormon. And I KNOW that it is true.

From our celebration for the birthday of Hermana Villena :)



A little more birthday celebration, with Jello and cheesecake that we made :) 


On Tuesday we had our district and zone meetings, and WOW, it was the best zone meeting I have ever been in. Our zone leaders, Elder Couch and Elder Izquierdo, are so inspired and focused. They gave some POWERFUL lessons on the Book of Mormon and the importance of the Book of Mormon in bringing people to repentance. We were all pretty fired up, and feeling the Spirit so strongly - it was impossible not to! To end the zone meeting, we set goal as a zone - to read the entire Book of Mormon, cover to cover, before the end of the transfer. Transfers are on May 2nd! But we are all reading the Book of Mormon cover to cover together. Everyone got a new softback version, and we are marking with two different colors everything that has to do with REPENTANCE and the ATONEMENT. It is an amazing experience, let me tell you. I am learning so much. I am halfway through Alma right now, and I started on Tuesday. I absolutely love the Book of Mormon. And I KNOW that it is true.

On Thursday we had our LAST Multizona with President Douglas. He and Hermana Douglas finish their mission in June, and we will be getting a new mission president! Honestly, I am a little scared for the transition - but I know it is just what Heavenly Father has planned. I learned so much at the Multizona. I am really going to miss President Douglas. 

I really could write another million words about things that I learned this week, inspiration I received from the Spirit, and ways that I changed. The mission is full of learning and change. 

The church is true. I have NO doubt. 
I love you all!

Hermana Sintay :)
"I can do all things through Christ which strentheneth me." :)

PS. READ your scriptures every day with your family. And MORNING and NIGHT KNEELING prayers as a family. There are miracles in family unity. I promise you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment