Monday, April 6, 2015

Sunshine in my SOUL! (April 6, 2015)

There is DEFINITELY sunshine in my soul today!!
It could be because the sun is shining at about 90 degrees today.... but I think it has more to do with what is in my heart and Spirit :) Not even clouds in the sky could get me down today :)

General Conference was INCREDIBLE. I have never learned so much from a General Conference in my whole life. We did get to watch it in English (BIGGEST tender mercy!) It was just so comforting to hear the words of the prophets in my own language... haha I loved thinking that my family was sitting in our house, watching the same things as me, singing at the same time, listening to the same inspired words... Modern technology seriously is amazing :)
Hermana Bott and I in between sessions on Sunday!

All the gringos watching Conference :)

All of the gringo missionaries gathered together in an empty room in the Stake Center where we could watch the transmission in English. On Sunday, in between the sessions, Hermana Bott (the other gringa Hermana here in Ica) and I brought sack lunches so we could just stay in the Stake Center for the 2 hours in between :) We watched all of the little videos and had such a happy time :) 

I received so much personal revelation during conference. I can't even tell you which was my favorite talk, because I received answers to questions and inspiration from every single one! I cannot wait to receive the Liahona so I can read them over and over and continue to learn ways that I can change and repent :) That's what it is all about! Recognizing what we need to change and DOING it. 

Something else I need to tell you all!

We are having a baptism next week :) On the 18th! It was going to be on the 11th, but we pushed it back one week because of General Conference. His name is Mxxxxl, and he is THE BEST. Seriously. His wife is a less active, and we reactivated her just this week. Her name is Mxxxxxxs! (which means "miracles" in Spanish... Mxxxxl and Mxxxxxxs honestly are a miracle) :) They have been married for 1 year, and she has been inactive for about 3 years. She is a convert, and inactivated about a year after she got baptized. 
They tell us every single day that their goal is to be sealed in the temple as fast as possible. He is SO anxious to be baptized so he can keep preparing to make even more covenants with God. When we first started teaching them, in the FIRST lesson, we taught about the temple. We taught about the Restoration of the gospel, and BECAUSE of the Restoration of Priesthood keys... how they could be an eternal family. Sealed in the temple. Maybe some missionaries wouldn't teach about temple ordinances in the first lesson... but I can promise you that the knowledge of the temple CHANGES people. When they understand and FEEL it, their goals changes. Their attitude changes. Their disposition changes. They are willing to sacrifice anything to participate in such sacred covenants! 

As missionaries, we have to START with the END in mind. That's what it is all about. Seeing everyone dressed in white - but not dressed in white baptismal jumpers.... dressed in white, with their whole family, in the holy temple - making sacred covenants to create their eternal family :)

If we start with the end in mind, so will our investigators! We are baptizing REAL converts, who will go to the temple and continue to make and keep covenants with their Heavenly Father.

I love this work! There truly is sunshine in my soul - and it is fabulous :)
The church is true!!

Hermana Sintay :)

OH PS........ today as a zone we are going to the Huacachina!!! Google it :) It is going to be so hard to climb... but SO fun :) The pictures look like a DREAM or something!! Don't you worry - I will be sending pictures next week :) Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment