Monday, February 1, 2016

February? ALREADY?

There are a LOT of things I want to cuent you all this week - investigators, temple trips, baptisms, hilarious moments with my companion, almost being bitten by a dog, etc y etc.

But as ya'll already know, time is short and there is work to be done! So I'll just hit through a couple of these things as fast as I can.

This week we had a baptism - :) Goodness, I know that as a missionary I have a lot of "happy moments" - but seeing someone I have learned to love get dressed in white and enter into the waters of baptism after having repented of all their sins - me emociona :) (It emocionates me? Not sure how to say that in English very well). It's just an extra-happy-moment. Nayeli has 15 years, and she is the first member in her family. We found her a month ago through her less active aunt. She has progressed faster than any other investigator that I have ever had! In less than a month, we were able to find her, prepare her, and help her to reach her goal of being baptized for repentance into the TRUE and RESTORED Church of Jesus Christ. 

From the baptism of Nayeli on Saturday :)

15 years old, first member in her family, ridiculously prepared and STRONG. She will change generations.

This is a really happy moment for a missionary ♥


Ahhhhhhhh. Spirit chills. Again. I love being a missionary.

****Okay sorry. President just called needing a few reports from me, and it ate up my time. Next week I will tell more!!

Just know that the church is true and that the gospel really does make us happy. I love where I am, what I am doing, and who I am becoming. 

The doctrine is true!

Hermana Sintay :)


Look who I ran into - AGAIN :) This time we got a proper picture!

Elder y Hermana Hernandez, Mision Peru Lima Este

Representing the Tri Cities here in LIMA


the group of converts that we took to the temple this week :)

Can you believe I leave the house like this? Peru just brings out another side of me - like curly hair that I haven't had since 1997. 

No comments:

Post a Comment