Monday, August 10, 2015

When your heart and mind are just TOO happy :)

My heart is just so happy right now, I can't get my fingers to type what I want them to! So please excuse me if this email is a little scatter-brained and unorganized. That is kind of how my mind and heart feel when so many good things happen at once.

Number One :) This week we had a Concilio de Lideres for all of the leaders in our mission. All of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders gathered from all 4 corners of PerĂ¹ (or, at least it felt like it. Ayacucho and Nazca just seem like other worlds compared to Lima), and we had a full day of training with President McGinn. So much revelation was received, and all of us left completely edified and inspired. As leaders, our job was to teach all of the missionaries in our zone what we had learned in a meeting the next day. The Zone Leaders and I were in charge of that. Things went really well, and all of our missionaries left the meeting with the same inspiration and motivation that we did :)

Number Two. I had my first intercambio as a leader this week. With an Hermana from Utah named Hermana Russell. She has a whopping 2 weeks in the mission, and the intercambio was a blessing for both of us. She just needed someone to talk English with and tell her that things get better. I remember my first weeks in the mission. While everything is exciting and new, it is hard. Really hard. And there is a moment when you just LONG to speak your native language with SOMEONE to express everything you are feeling. She was definitely at that moment :) More than the words that I said to her in English, the Spirit helped comfort her heart and give her the strength to keep on keeping on. The Spirit really is the ultimate Comforter.

Number Three. We received the best news this week. 
Are you all ready?
Are you sure?
........ ELDER BEDNAR IS COMING TO OUR MISSION! :)
Yesssssss! Elder-teach-with-power-and-fire-coolest-apostle-ever-tied-with-Holland-DAVID A BEDNAR!!!!
He is coming here to PerĂ¹ to have a meeting with 3 missions in Lima, and Lima Sur is one of the lucky ones :) The meeting is going to be the 26 of August. Saying that I am excited would be an understatement :)

There were just so many little miracles that we had this week. We didn't have a ton of investigators in the church this week, but there were 10 less actives that came who we are teaching. Members who hadn't come to church in 30 or 40 years... being there to take the Sacrament and feel of the healing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love those moments as a missionary just as much as I love seeing someone enter the waters of baptism. 

Thank you for all your prayers and love. I am so blessed to have family and friends so faithful and supporting. 

The Church is true!

Hermana Sintay :)
Pday at the beach... again :) The 8 Hermanas of Chorrillos. These are the Hermanas that I am in charge of as a Sister Training Leader! They are all great. 4 of them are brand new missionaries, and their trainers are all training for the very first time. Truly a powerful group of missionaries. And a blessing to be able to work so close with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment