Tuesday, December 9, 2014

With Him, you can do ALL things.

Hello family and friends!

The struggle is real trying to remember everything to tell from this week. WOW. Every day is just packed with things that I want to share with all of you. I will try my hardest to cover everything :)

First off... CHRISTMAS. I can Skype with you! What a miracle! I will be doing it in the house of a member, and I have 40 minutes, nada más. I can Skype the 22nd, 24th, or 25th. And if we need to do a quick call to make sure it works, I have 3 minutes on the 22nd! But ONLY 3 minutes that day. Whatever day works best for you guys we can Skype! I am assuming it will probably be Christmas Day... but just let me know :)

Alrighty - on to news from this week :) 
We had a Multi Zona activity this week, and it was LO MÁXIMO. Our zone and 2 others got together with President Douglas and his wife for a day of training. The other 2 zones traveled here to Chincha for the training :) Wow, I learned so much. There are so many things that I can improve to become a sanctified missionary. It gave me such a boost, honestly best thing ever :)

Yikers.... every day is SO hot and long...  we are entering into summer right now! I forgot sunscreen one day and got the WORST sunburn. hahahaha.... in December, who would have thought? 

We didn't have church on Sunday because there were regional elections for something here in Perú.... I'm not sure why that is a reason to cancel church, but every ward did! hahaha that made Sunday pretty much the longest day ever, because we don't have Language Study or Training on Sundays, meaning we were proselyting for an extra 3 hours almost! And the sun was bien fuerte that day. But it was a good day :)

I did get to watch the Christmas Devotional! But... it was in Spanish. haha. So the songs were probably the most spiritual and uplifting part for me :) Holy gorgeous, MoTab!


Things are wonderful in Perú, but I would be lying if I didn't say this is the hardest thing I have ever done. Every day has it's own challenges, struggles, and fears to be overcome. I am growing and learning every second of every day, but it does not come without a price. It is hard. REALLY hard. But I know that with the help of my Savior, I truly can do all things. 

Today marks exactly 2 months since I entered the CCM. In these two months, I have done things I never thought I could do. I have BECOME something greater as I continue learning what it really means to be a missionary and representative of Jesus Christ. 

Is it a sacrifice being on a mission? Yes. Is it hard? YES.  But there is one thing that gets me through every challenge here on the mission.... and that is my Savior. Right now, I have Christ's name carved on my chest... right next to my own. On my name tag. But He had MY name carved on His back. He had nails put through His hand's for my weaknesses and every single one of my sins. He suffered for ME. He died for ME. ... and He did it because He loves me. If He can do that, I sure can give EVERYTHING I have to His work the next 16 months.

I love you all. I hope you remember that WHATEVER trial or pain you are going through - He knows. Let Him help you and heal you.

Also - smile :) I promise, it helps.

All my love, 
Hermana Sintay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment