Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I am almost legal here in Perú. ... Almost.

Hello everyone!!
Wow, this email is gonna be a long one, prepare yourselves :)
at the beach in Lima :)
First off, things that happened this week!!! I had to travel to Immigration, because I have been living here in Perú completely illegally the last 2 months. hahaha. Well, not THAT illegal, but definitely not legal. ANYWAY, all of the missionaries in my group from the CCM had to travel to Lima to stand in a bunch of lines and try to become legal here. Sounds quite boring, right? That's because it is. hahaha. BUT IT WAS THE BEST because I got to see all of my bestest friends in my district from the CCM!!!!!!!! Seriously, happiest reunion ever. Wow. It was so good to see them. I felt like the sons of Mosiah, when they see each other and rejoice because they are still brethren in the Lord :) Happy happy happy :)

We were in Lima for 3 days this week, Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday, doing all the things that we had to do for immigration and what not. We stayed in a hotel (well, the Hermanas stayed in a hotel, and the Elders slept on a floor somewhere. jajaja). Seriously, the Hermanas are treated like royalty here in the mission! President Douglas takes such good care of us :) 

On Wednesday we were doing things in immigration all morning... and finished around 4pm. We didn't have anything else to do, so guess what we did?!?!?!?! President Douglas gave us permission..... to...... GO TO THE TEMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I WAS SO HAPPY I COULD NOT CONTAIN MYSELF!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) We got to do an endowment session in the Lima temple :) WOW, I have not been to the temple since I left on the mission. **By the way, I hit my 3 month mark this week! Time flying for anyone else?** The temple was the best thing in the whole world :) The Lima temple is smaller than our temple, if you can even believe it!! Suuuuuper tiny. The man at the front desk in the temple just happened to be a gringo, and so I got to talk to him about all the logistics of their temple and what not. He was so shocked that I knew so much about the behind the scenes work of the temple. Haha thanks Dad ;) But it was really interesting to talk to him! It made me miss talking to Dad about the temple and his job. The session was incredible though :) In Spanish it was even better. Biggest blessing ever. 
When we finally got back to Chincha, we had to work SUPER SUPER hard to make up for all of our lost time. But the days that we work SO hard are always the best!!

I want to tell you about one family in particular that we are teaching - Ma***** and her 4 children. This family was a referral from someone in the ward - we started visiting them about 2 weeks ago. The father in the family died 2 months ago... and the mother of Ma***** died 6 months ago. The 4 hijos are pequeños pequeños pequeños.... ages 11, 8, 7, and 8 months. They have no money... when the mom works, the 4 children stay at home alone. The work that she has right now is going to end in 1 month, and she doesn't know what she is going to do. When we first knocked on their door, she was in shambles. She was completely alone with her 4 kids, but when we asked if we could share a message about eternal families.......... she completely opened up. She was golden from the very first second. All of her children accompanied us in the lesson, and they were incredibly well behaved and interested. Encerio, this familia is PREPARED. Escogida. And totally golden. She and her children are going to be baptized on the 31st. The more we teach her, the more hope she has, in spite of her awful situation. She still doesn't have money to feed her kids. She still doesn't have anyone besides us that she can talk to. But she knows that the Book of Mormon is true. She tells us in every lesson.. "God sent you to me. You are angels in my life. I want an eternal family, and I can't have one without this gospel." Seriously, we are SO blessed to be teaching them. We pray for them everyday. Please keep them in your prayers.... Ma*****, Ad****, Je******, An******, and Jo** Ca****. I will definitely keep you updated :)

There are miracles like this happening all over in Chincha. When I talked with all of the other missionaries in my group this week who are serving throughout the mission, I realized how blessed I am. Our area is flourishing. The rest of the mission is not right now... the rest of the mission is struggling to find new people. We are amazingly blessed. I believe that is because of our obedience and hard work. The Lord is letting us see miracles, day by day. 

Thank you for your love and support. Thank you for your prayers and testimonies. I have the greatest family in the whole world. And guess what? We are eternal :)

The church is true!!!
 matching water bottles - we are super cool :)
Hermana Sintay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment