Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Feliz como un lombriz :)

FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!!!!!

Jaja look up what the title of my email means, it is a saying here, but it cracks me up, I say it all the time ;)

How is everyone?! Wow, this week has been incredible. Incredible incredible. Let me fill you in :)

First of all, my new companion, Hermana Chavez de Chile :) She is LO MÀXIMO, encerio. Wow. We get along so well, laugh all the time, and work SO hard. I love love love love love being companions with her. She is going to hit her year mark next week - on Ammon's birthday actually!! :) 
My new comp!
Okay so funny story..... ya know how for the last 6 weeks, I have been showering with a bucket, and only have water for about 4 hours during the day? And how I thought that was just totally normal for the mission and everything? Bueno............... yeah, it's not normal apparently. When Hermana Chavez got here, she was totally appalled. hahahahah she could not believe how I have been living the last 6 weeks!! We talked to our zone leaders to see if we could change houses, because we don't have water - and sometimes we don't have light either hahaha. They had no idea that we were in that situation, and the very next day they spent all day with us finding a new house to live in! Seriously, I thought that the whole "shower in a bucket" thing was "Welcome to the mission, time for a little sacrifice". .......... mmmmmmm yeah I was sacrificing a little too much ;) Now we are in house with water 24 hours of the day (WOW. BLESSING.), and quite honestly, I am much happier :)
in our old house.................... yeah this was kind of a problem, too. hahaha the fact that our toilet seat was never connected to the toilet.


So this week was the first week that I have had to direct the area. Heavenly Father is helping me so much. Honestly, I have had no problems!! I was so so scared, and prayed so hard,  but Heavenly Father has blessed me with so many talents and strengths to be able to accomplish His work in His way. 

The work here in Chincha is flourishing - right now we have 8 investigators with baptisimal dates, and 10 menos activos who are progressing in their process de reactivation. And even more people who we are working with. We need to find new families, however, and this week we are going to do ABSOLUTELY everything in our power to work and find those who need our message. Well..... let's be honest, EVERYONE needs this message :) But we know that the Lord is preparing specific people for us :) And we are going to find them!
 The missionaries in our ward and the bishop!! On New Year's :)

I seriously am so happy here. I love everything that we do, and I love learning new things everyday. Here on the mission, I have learned to love my weaknesses. And... I have a LOT of weaknesses. When I discover a weakness in myself, I see it as a door to potential strength. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I can work to improve and become perfected in Him. That is the greatest blessing of the Atonement. We should never be afraid of our weaknesses. We have the Savior of the World on our side, to enable us and empower us in every moment :)
New Year's dinner at the Bishop's house

I love this gospel, I love my Savior, and I love you all!
The church is true!!
Hermana Sintay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment