Monday, June 29, 2015

This is NOT a sacrifice.

Hello everyone!

On Tuesday we had our very last meeting with President Douglas. He and Hermana Douglas are finishing their mission on Wednesday, July 1st, and will be getting on a plane back to the United States that same day. After 9 months of loving, trusting, and serving with this exemplary family, it was an emotional few hours. To say the least. 
All of the missionaries that are serving in Lima (about half of our mission) was at the Multizona with President and Hermana Douglas. They taught, testified, and instructed us for the very last time. Between the hundred-or-so missionaries and the Douglas's - I don't think there was a dry eye in the room.
Individual pics with President Douglas, Hermana Douglas, and their son Chris! The other pic is of my comp


ZONA CHORRILLOS!!!!!!! In the last Multizona with Pres Douglas!!
The mission is completely prepared to welcome the new mission President and his wife this week - President and Hermana McGinn. I know that this change is just what the Lord had in mind for the PerĂ¹ Lima South Mission. 

This week my testimony was strengthened of WHY I am here. A lot of times people talk about how much of a sacrifice serving a mission is... how it is a sacrifice, but worth the price. Honestly, I thought the same things for the first few months of my mission. Because let's be honest - it is hard. Leaving home and family for 18 months is not for the weak hearted. Walking 10-12 miles a day doesn't come quite naturally for most. Not without some kind of a price.... there are emotional, physical, temporal, social, and mental "sacrifices."

But let me be the first to tell you that serving a mission is NOT a sacrifice. 

It is NOT.

This is a full investment. 

I owe so much to my Heavenly Father, it is not even fair to use the word "sacrifice." How can I call it a sacrifice when EVERYTHING I have, I already owe to Him? How can I think that I am giving things up when I am more blessed now than I have ever been in my whole life? How is that even possible?

I have said it before, and I will say it again - This is not my mission. It is His. 

I love you all. Thank you for your specific prayers and devotion to supporting the missionaries around the world. We feel your prayers. We feel your love. We need your help in this work. 

The Church is true. I know it. 


Hermana Sintay :)
From left to right -My two "moms" (trainers) in the mission, Hermana Lara y Hermana Chavez. Then me, and my hija here in the mission :) Hermana Artigas! Hermana Lara and Chavez are her grandmas ;) jajaj

No comments:

Post a Comment